Friday, January 7, 2011

Clear Stamp Case Storage


Happy Friday Stampers! I needed some additional storage and IKEA has these wonderful DVD shelves you can turn on end to look similar to mine in the photo above for only $5.95. Sad part is, my IKEA is about a 2 ½ drive and this particular item is not available for shipping. So I showed a photo of the IKEA shelf to my husband, being the handy man that he is, and asked him to make this for me. I thought I would share the dimensions here with you all just in case you were looking for something similar.

You will need 2 boards cut 37” and 2 boards cut 22 ¾ “ (give or take 1/8”)
3 boards cut 21” and 8 boards cut 8”. Simple yet functional design. The boards my husband used to make this measure 3 ½” x ¾ “. It’s a great way to store Stampin’ Up!’s Clear stamps.

I sort my stamps according to the categories in the Stampin Up! catalog so I made labels with those categories for each shelf. I also have a couple of extra sections for those categories that I tend to have more stamps.

If you have any questions, please contact me and I will try to answer them.
Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect! This is just what I need for my stamps. Thanks for sharing this. I'd like to try making it with foam core board so it will hang on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What width of boards did he use. I only saw the length measurements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe she said 3/4” thick & 31/2 wide.

      Delete