Monday, April 30, 2012

Map It! Monday!

Happy Monday Stampers!  Thank you to all that came out to the Bettendorf Community Center yesterday!  It was a cold rainy day but a great day to be inside shopping!  The next event I will be at is for a great cause, Bag a Cure 4 Cystic Fibrosis.  You can find all of the details here.  

 I love simple cards so today's Map It! Monday! challenge is a very simple layout.  It's all about simplicity and embellishments this week, three of them as a matter of fact;  ribbon, buttons and trinkets (safety pin).  Use whatever you have on hand and for the center sentiment, if you don't have the right punch or the Big Shot, you can make it a simple rectangle or circle or whatever you heart desires.  The important thing is to step out of your comfort zone when you're creating something from a challenge.  I simply supply the jumping off point.  I also thought I would change up the colors of the map from my typical grayscale.  I love pink and brown together.  One of my favs!


Don't forget to follow me on Facebook and to play along with the challenge.  Send me a picture of your challenge masterpiece so I can share it and feature you as a "guest designer".  Until next week....

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment